The name and logo remind us daily that we are a family business. Dr. Nimtz, Renee, and their staff adhere to basic, old-fashioned values of family and hard work.
At Commonwealth Plastic Surgery in Lexington and London, KY, we believe that a satisfying and rewarding patient experience begins on a personal level. Dr. Jared Nimtz, our medical director and board-certified plastic surgeon, and our entire staff are genuine, caring individuals who strive to be the best at what we do. We are deeply invested in each patient’s health, safety, comfort, and surgical outcomes. We welcome you to learn more about us.
Our Goal Is To Serve Our Patients and Our Community
We are committed to providing top-quality care for our patients using the latest innovations in plastic surgery techniques and technology. Dr. Nimtz is known for building warm and positive relationships with each patient and providing care in a compassionate manner.
About Our Name & Logo
Here at Commonwealth Plastic Surgery, the women and men we serve are more than patients, they are neighbors, friends, and family. In fact, our logo bears the image of our family room quilt to symbolize our dedication to family. Dr. Nimtz and his wife Renee fell in love with the tradition of quilt squares on the barns throughout Kentucky and chose this logo to evoke that same nostalgia for the local heritage. The word “commonwealth” comes from: “common” meaning “belonging to all”; and “wealth” meaning “happiness or riches”.
Dr. Jared Nimtz
Dr. Nimtz is a Lexington board-certified plastic surgeon who is highly skilled, experienced, and truly cares about his patients. Through a conservative, classic approach to surgery he provides natural-looking results that are attractive and proportionate.Meet Dr. Nimtz
Committed to helping others who are less fortunate, Dr. Nimtz donates his surgical services to those in need, both in Kentucky and abroad.
Locally, Dr. Nimtz volunteers for the Surgery on Sunday program. Started by Dr. Andrew Moore, II, this nonprofit organization provides outpatient surgeries to locals in need who are either uninsured or underinsured and do not qualify for federal or state assistance. On the third Sunday of each month, Dr. Nimtz is often one of the volunteer surgeons who perform surgery along with anesthesiologists, nurses, clinical staff and administrative personnel. Since the program began, over 5,700 individuals have received essential outpatient surgeries free from financial burden. Surgery on Sunday is able to provide procedures at an average cost of $300 per case and serves an average of 13 patients a month.
Dr. Nimtz has traveled with Medical Mission Ecuador to treat underprivileged children with facial and limb abnormalities. This nonprofit organization was started by Ecuador natives Dr. Henry Vasconez and Dr. Luis Vasconez, and their sister Beatrice, to help the children of their country who have little or no access to medical care. Since its beginning, more than 10,000 patients have received free medical services, including more than 1,700 surgeries.
Get to Know Us
Review the following pages to learn more about our people and our practice:
- Meet Dr. Jared Nimtz: In addition to his rigorous education and training, Dr. Nimtz has an eye for natural beauty that guides him during every procedure he performs. He strives to make looking good effortless and natural for each patient.
- Our Staff: This group is comprised of personable medical professionals who are highly trained and experienced. Dr. Nimtz and Renee often say, “The staff trains us,” which is the secret to our exceptional care.
- Patient Reviews : We consider our patients part of our extended family, and we’re proud to show you what they say about their experiences with us at Commonwealth Plastic Surgery and SōL Retreat. Read our real patient reviews.
- Computer Imaging: Our state-of-the-art software system enables us to show patients how they might look after surgery. This valuable tool not only gives patients a preview of their possible look but also improves communication between patients and Dr. Nimtz.
- In the Media: Dr. Nimtz and Renee appear regularly on television to share honest, accurate information about cosmetic procedures.
- Patient Resources: We provide our forms online for new patients to print and complete at a time that is convenient for them. We also have provided a comprehensive list of questions and answers about our practice that includes information about consultations, where surgeries are performed, and much more.
- Financing: Patients have several choices when it comes to paying for their procedures, including financing through CareCredit®.
A patient-focused approach is what separates Commonwealth Plastic Surgery from other practices in the Louisville and Lexington, KY, area. Get to know us, and how we can help you achieve the look you want when you request a consultation using our online form. Or you can call (859) 277-9435 to schedule an appointment. We look forward to meeting you.